
Today on CTV's Question Period, chief Liberal crybaby Stephane Dion was at his best, and he still looked pathetic! Jane Taber threw him a softball on when he expect the next election, and in an obviously formulated response, baby dion said that he's not the one with the crystal ball (trying to make fun of Harper's fortune teller personal make-up woman). It was the perfect opportunity for Dion to take a couple of humorous jabs at Harper's expense, but he failed.
It was so obvious that he had this little comment prepared in advance and didn't even make an attempt to have it look like an off the cuff comment. His attempt at a joke obviously backfired. On TV it looks like Dion should be the one with the image consultant, and if this is him at his best, the Liberals better be sharpening their knives real fast because they don't want to see him at his worst! I can just imagine it baby Dion throwing up his arms saying "this is unfair!" when Harper throws out a fast one-liner during the debate.
A little bit of advice
If Dion wants to have any hope at winning an election he needs to be able to connect with voters and that means improving his image. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw him on TV was that he looks like a worm with glasses. He takes a long time to get to the point and when he finally does, you're still trying to understand what the hell he was trying to say in the first place. His English is that bad.
To get exposure and build his own image he must learn how to master the 10 second sound byte. Real people don't care about the nuances and general horseshit that makes up his foolhardy global warming policy - what makes the news is the one-liner the people can actually remember. Think the 2004 US election, Kerry was doomed by his "I actually voted for it before I voted against it." Just like baby Dion's little "this is unfair!" line solidified the image of him as not a leader. He then made it worse by going around calling Harper a bully. Real men don't go crying foul, they fight back. From the image Dion projects I can't picture him as Prime Minister, and unless people can do that they'll never vote for him, just against the other guy.
So baby Dion if you want to have a shot, I suggest you grow-up, bulk-up and learn how to fight back.
It was so obvious that he had this little comment prepared in advance and didn't even make an attempt to have it look like an off the cuff comment. His attempt at a joke obviously backfired. On TV it looks like Dion should be the one with the image consultant, and if this is him at his best, the Liberals better be sharpening their knives real fast because they don't want to see him at his worst! I can just imagine it baby Dion throwing up his arms saying "this is unfair!" when Harper throws out a fast one-liner during the debate.
A little bit of advice
If Dion wants to have any hope at winning an election he needs to be able to connect with voters and that means improving his image. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw him on TV was that he looks like a worm with glasses. He takes a long time to get to the point and when he finally does, you're still trying to understand what the hell he was trying to say in the first place. His English is that bad.
To get exposure and build his own image he must learn how to master the 10 second sound byte. Real people don't care about the nuances and general horseshit that makes up his foolhardy global warming policy - what makes the news is the one-liner the people can actually remember. Think the 2004 US election, Kerry was doomed by his "I actually voted for it before I voted against it." Just like baby Dion's little "this is unfair!" line solidified the image of him as not a leader. He then made it worse by going around calling Harper a bully. Real men don't go crying foul, they fight back. From the image Dion projects I can't picture him as Prime Minister, and unless people can do that they'll never vote for him, just against the other guy.
So baby Dion if you want to have a shot, I suggest you grow-up, bulk-up and learn how to fight back.

No comments:
Post a Comment